Assistant/Associate/Full Clinical Professor or Professor of Practice

AUBURN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF NURSING   Auburn, AL   Full-time     Health Care Provider
Posted on August 27, 2023
Apply Now


Assistant/Associate/Full Clinical Professor or Professor of Practice 

The College of Nursing at Auburn University, located in Auburn, Alabama, invites applications for a full-time on campus 12-month, non-tenure track faculty position to begin January 1, 2024.  Candidates with expertise in any specialty area of nursing are sought to teach our highly qualified undergraduate students.  

This position is a limited-term joint appointment between the College of Nursing at Auburn University and Wellstar Health System West Georgia Medical Center, LaGrange, Georgia. The full-time faculty member will commit 60% effort to the College of Nursing at Auburn University and the remaining 40% to Wellstar Health System. The joint appointment faculty member will be an Auburn University employee in a 12-month Professor of Practice or clinical track, non-tenure eligible faculty appointment. The primary responsibilities of the joint appointment faculty member are to provide instruction in the classroom, laboratory, simulation, and clinical settings with undergraduate BSN students; lead quality improvement initiatives at Wellstar and provide service to the college and Wellstar.

Auburn University is one of the nation's premier land, sea, and space grant institutions. Auburn offers Bachelor's, First Professional, Master's, Educational Specialist, and Doctoral degrees and is an institution that is both highly research-active and committed to maintaining teaching excellence.

Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree in Nursing at the time employment begins, current clinical skills in a specialty area, and excellent written and interpersonal communication skills. 

Candidates must be eligible for licensure in both Alabama and Georgia, must meet eligibility requirements for work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment, and complete a satisfactory background check.  

Desired Qualifications: Doctoral degree, teaching experience in a baccalaureate or higher program, and experience conducting quality improvement projects in a clinical setting.    


“Auburn University is understanding of and sensitive to the family needs of faculty, including dual-career couples”