DIRECTOR OF MARKETING, COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLIC INFORMATION
About SUNY Broome Community College:
SUNY Broome Community College is a comprehensive community college located in the scenic Southern Tier of New York. The College has over 7,700 students annually, and services over 6,100 students per semester in Liberal Arts, Business & Professional Studies, Health Sciences, and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) programs. An additional 1,600 students are served through the College's workforce and non-credit programs.
SUNY Broome Community College is seeking a full-time Director of Marketing, Communications & Public Information responsible for overall internal and external communications coordination, policy development, institutional strategy, creative direction, media and public relations, budgeting and scheduling for advertising, production management, design coordination and editing of all College print and electronic materials. This position reports to the Executive Enrollment Management Officer.
Planning, editing, and layout and development of the College's websites and digital media presentations and strategizing traditional and social media campaigns for communication, marketing in promotion of the College, academic programs and special events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversees marketing, graphic design, web development, and event support personnel.
- Plans and designs innovative approaches using integrated web and traditional media technologies to serve administrative, academic, and student needs for the purpose of streamlining, strengthening and evaluating the College's communications, and information distribution.
- Coordinate Media Relations on behalf of the College, respond to media requests, and schedule interviews.
- Drafts policies regarding campus communications, outline methods, and promote official channels.
- Assist the administration with emergency messaging and sensitive communications.
- Directs the College's integrated marketing campaigns including graphic design, copywriting and creative assistance to develop annual publications, advertising and marketing campaigns, and the representation of those traditional media campaigns online.
- Work with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students to promote the College through print and digital marketing and communication materials and marketing outcomes.
- Facilitates external communications with diverse audiences including prospective students, alumni, parents, friends, donors and media, directs the creative development and placement of advertising; guides the production of web, print, video, and social media.
- Coordinates development, maintenance and continuous improvement of the College's primary website and all sub-sites and pages.
- Coordinates common design templates for distance learning services, student/faculty/staff web portals, brochure/promotional document creation templates, and other web-based interfaces such as forms and message boards.
- Assists the administration with special graphic presentations, CD-ROMs, PowerPoint presentations, integrated digital media campaigns, as well as special event assistance for orientation, graduation, conferences campus meetings, and public concerts.
- Assists in budget development and management for all web services, publications, and media production equipment.
- Supervises staff performing videography, event technical support, web application development and programming, publications assistance and graphic design.
A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is required. A Master's degree is preferred.
A minimum of five (5) years' experience with additional experience preferable in developing and implementing marketing, public relations, media relations, or digital communications strategies, plans and programs.
Experience in planning, writing, editing, designing and producing marketing, public relations and advertising materials including knowledge of traditional communications and marketing disciplines as well as new trends in social media, digital, and event marketing including experience with web and publication production software is required.
Written communication skills as demonstrated by a portfolio of media and marketing-oriented writing is also required.
Preference given for experience in higher education.
A minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience is required.
The minimum salary rate for this position is $67,857
Offers of employment will be conditional based upon the results of a satisfactory, required pre-employment Standard Background Check.
SUNY Broome Community College is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to enhancing the diversity and inclusion of the campus community and curriculum. The institution is committed to promoting an environment of equity, inclusion, and respect for others. SUNY BCC is committed to the diversity of its community. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
For full consideration, application materials must be received no later than Friday, June 9, 2023. SUNY Broome will continue to review and consider applications until the position is filled. Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and the name, address, and phone number of three (3) references to
To apply please select the APPLY NOW BUTTON