CARLSTADT PUBLIC SCHOOL
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE TEACHER
Part-Time ~ No Benefits
• New Jersey Teacher of ESL Standard Certificate, CE or CEAS with ESL endorsement.
• Must demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of teaching English as a Second Language, second language acquisition, child growth and development, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis and research related to learning and children needing English as a second language.
• Familiar with NJSLS, WIDA ELD Standards and Screening/Eligibility Process.
Part-Time ~ No Benefits
• Prior secretarial experience preferred
•Confidentiality and Organizational Skills Required
• Administrative writing skills
• Ability to implement and maintain office systems
• Advanced technology -Including Google Drive and MS Office
• Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred
Send letter/resume by to: Ms. Allison Evans, Superintendent
No phone calls
The Carlstadt Public School recognizes the need to educate all students grades Pre-Kindergarten- Grade 8.
Our mission is as follows:
To develop the scope and sequence of content objectives for Pre-Kindergarten-8th grades in the Carlstadt School District.
To improve curriculum development, articulation, and implementation of new initiatives.
To explore the development of successful instructional practices through professional learning activities.
To work collaboratively with all stakeholders, providing opportunities to engage students in learning across all content areas.
The Carlstadt Public School District continues to be extremely proud of the accomplishments of our students, staff and school. We continue to have high expectations and believe that all students have the ability to learn regardless of their cognitive ability and educational background. Students, parents and staff members need to realize that learning is a lifelong process and that there are often roadblocks in addition to mistakes made that assist with our continued development. The school district has also continued to ensure that all state and federal mandates are in compliance. Teacher and administrator evaluation models are in place and being utilized throughout the various grades and curricular areas. In addition, the district continues to implement the New Jersey Student Learning Standards as we prepare for the administration of the PARCC assessment. As the Superintendent of Schools, I have been afforded the opportunity to work with staff, community leaders, community members, and Carlstadt organizations to develop relationships that will foster and enhance the school climate. Through these relationships, our young people will reap the benefits of the school and community working closely together as shared goals and services become a reality. Our staff continues to be dedicated to serving all students in the district and strives to meet the needs of all academically, socially and emotionally. We look to build supportive, positive relationships between the school and home with the goal of providing a program that develops well-rounded students with a focus upon excellence in academics.