Urban Design Planner
Do you want to help make the great City of Eugene, Oregon even more livable, prosperous, and equitable?
The City of Eugene Community Planning and Design team is looking for a positive, productive and collaborative individual to help us turn our community vision into reality. The successful candidate will enjoy providing service to the community, thrive in a team environment, and demonstrate adaptability to a dynamic and fast paced work environment. The Urban Design Planner position focuses on design and planning projects related to implementing Envision Eugene and other work to further our community vision of a compact, connected, livable Eugene for all.
Closing Date: July 11, 2022
- Organize and manage complex tasks or projects to completion, including creatively negotiating barriers, within a fixed timeframe.
- Develop and communicate effective urban design solutions to address diverse needs and interests from small-scale (site design) to regional scale (master plans).
- Work proficiently with and between current design-related software programs, such as Adobe Suite, SketchUp, AutoCAD, and GIS to produce attractive, professional-quality graphic products in print and digital media.
- Familiarity with the methods and economics of urban development, housing production and redevelopment, including financial feasibility and key barriers and challenges.
- Efficiently and thoroughly conduct research on urban design, land use planning, and development using current methods.
- Clearly and confidently organize and communicate complex information with a wide variety of audiences, including oral presentations, technical writing, and visual communication.
- Understand and apply a wide range of land use-related City, State, and Federal plans and regulations in both policy and regulatory situations, with special emphasis on implementing long-term community visions.
- Effectively coordinate and facilitate public events and meetings. Understanding of and experience conducting public design charrettes and workshops is a plus.
- Work well with a variety of people, including development interests, property owners, and community groups in challenging situations.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in design, architecture, landscape architecture, or city planning for an Associate level position, and 1 year for an Assistant level position.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in urban design, architecture, landscape architecture, urban and regional planning, or a closely related field. A Master’s degree in a planning-related field is desirable for an Associate Planner.
Click to apply today!