Human Resources Manager
Join the exciting world of recruiting and supporting top education talent with our team in the Office of Talent and Personnel working for Iowa's largest provider of K-12 education, Des Moines Public Schools.
Des Moines Public Schools is seeking a Personnel Manager to provide leadership and management support to school and department leaders.
- Collaborate with school and department administrators/supervisors to develop, implement and monitor performance of staff and work environments that ensure equitable outcomes for students.
- Lead efforts in staff performance through aligned processes, procedures and training.
- Provide leadership support for hiring, performance management, employee relations, as well as compliance with policies and procedures.
Required Hiring Specifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, social sciences or related field, or equivalent experience of 7 or more years in leadership and management roles in a medium size organization.
- Five (5) years previous supervisory experience.
- Five (5) years of experience in employee hiring, evaluation, discipline, and mediating and conflict resolution.
Knowledge of employee bargaining agreements and contract interpretation, and employee relations procedures.
Please see attached job description for further information on functions of the position along with educational and experience requirements.
Salary Range for this position: $79,373 - $96,034
This represents the minimum to mid-point of the salary range. Candidates offered employment will be compensated based on skills, work experience and education.
Des Moines Public Schools offers a generous benefits package including:
- Family Health Insurance at no cost to the employee during the first plan year of employment ($600/year after that)
- There is opportunity to have the $600/year waived via participation in the district's health program.
- Family Dental Insurance with a minimal monthly cost (Single dental insurance coverage at no cost)
- Family Vision Insurance at no cost to the employee
- Enrollment in IPERS (Iowa Public Employee Retirement System) -- a defined benefit plan
Des Moines Public Schools serves a community rich in diversity – in every measure of the term – and strives each and every day to support our students and staff so that they thrive, learn and belong. DMPS is committed to creating a transformational system oriented toward equity and anti-racist leadership. Learn more about DMPS at dmschools.org.