School Business Administrator
Certification Requirements: Candidates must possess a minimum of a Master’s degree and must possess a New York State School District Business Leader (SDBL), School District Administrator (SDA), certificate by the time of appointment. A minimum of five (5) years of successful experience in school district finance and business operations preferred.
Overview: Under the direction of the Superintendent or designee, the School Business Administrator establishes strategic direction and provides leadership of the financial and business affairs of the Millbrook Central School District. Serves as the chief financial advisor to the Superintendent and Board of trustees. Key deliverables include but are not limited to: maintaining a multi-year financial outlook, creation of an annual balanced budget, providing financial reporting in accordance with state statutes, detailing the financial status of the district, and ensuring appropriate service delivery and outcomes associated with business functions including payroll, benefits, accounting, budgeting, purchasing disbursements, cash management, risk management, and financial planning, analysis and reporting.
Responsibilities: The duties of the School Business Administrator include, but are not exclusively limited to, the following:
• Oversees a comprehensive fiscal planning process encompassing the operating budget and grants, in order to develop a structurally balanced, prudent annual budget and design a fiscally sound long-range financial plan encompassing budgetary control;
• Providing leadership of the financial affairs of MCSD with optimal effectiveness and efficiency inclusive of providing input on district strategies programming, and financial information as appropriate;
• Preparing MCSD’s proposed annual budget for the Board's final consideration. Conducting long-range financial and capital project planning and research and forecasting and maintaining a multi-year financial outlook.
• Designing and operationalizing a sound and equitable fiscal and capital infrastructure with emphasis on supporting the success of MCSD schools;
• Developing and implementing a school-based budgeting philosophy and framework. Assisting schools and department leadership in budget development, monitoring and management, including maintenance of financial records and controls;
• Monitoring ongoing revenue and expenditures;
• Managing all aspects of the Business office inclusive of grants, vendor services and payments, procurement, payroll, benefits, tax collection, and risk management;
• Participating with other leaders in the formulation of District policies and plans, and advising district leaders and others of the financial, procedural and related implications of programs and proposed changes in laws, rules, policies and procedures;
• Conducting a compensation analysis, analyzing the fiscal impact of proposed compensation changes and advising leadership on financial issues related to labor negotiations;
• Maintaining knowledge of current and proposed State and Federal laws governing the control and distribution of school district finances;
• Conferring with members of the New York State Department of Education, and other organizations, in regards MCSD’s fiscal standing;
• Ensuring MCSD compliance with timely submission of accurate reports to New York State Department of Education;
• Collaborates with the Director of Facilities for the Operations & Maintenance Program, Safety Risk Management and Capital Projects;
• Collaborates with the Supervisor of Transportation in preparation of polices rules and regulations and demonstrates knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements and oversight practices;
• Collaborates with the Food Service Manager regarding the Food Service program;
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
Appointment: Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following assessment of training, experience, certifications, credentials and evaluation of service. Personal interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate.
The Millbrook School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Closed and confidential process