Building Attendant 2 - Sports & Expo Center
Bargaining Unit PT AFSCME 975 (2172.16)
Assignment Location South Campus
Performs operational tasks related to utilization of the facilities; assists in the set up, coordination and execution of activities in the facility and related departmental and college functions; responsible for on-site assistance of events taking place in the facility; related work as required.
- Opens and secures facility(ies.)
- Set up rooms, furniture and audio visual equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Provide customer service to customers, including AV technical support.
- Maintains all departmental equipment.
- Patrol building and reports any unusual incidents or problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Provide proper security for the facility’s equipment.
- Enforces college and facility regulations.
- Function as the representative of the Conference Services Department to the public as assigned.
- Assist the Manager of the facility in handling diverse events and functions.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: General direction and supervision from the Facility and Conference Services Manager.
SUPERVISION GIVEN: None
On the job training will be provided.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess effective interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate well verbally; must have good decision making skills. Must be able to work equally well independently or as a team.
Must be able to move and/or lift 25+lbs. repetitively when needed. Must be able to stay on feet for long periods of time.
Work Hours To be scheduled by the department as needed, but not to exceed 25 hours per week. Must be flexible and able to work changing shifts, including weekends.
Position Level 3
Salary $12.69 - $16.62 per hour (2022-23 salary range) Maximum salary upon new hire $12.69
Posting Code PS958P
Open Date 04/12/2022
Close Date 09/01/2022
Special Instructions to Applicants Must be dependable and exhibit a professional, team supportive approach with excellent customer service skills.
As an equal opportunity employer and learning institution, Macomb Community College recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or handicap. All employment decisions are based on the qualifications of each individual. No person shall be denied equal treatment as a result of a College practice or policy. The College is committed to racial, cultural, and ethnic diversity.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Michigan Relay Center 1.800.649.3777 (Voice and TDD).