JOB #: 22-82
DEPARTMENT: Student Services
CAMPUS: Franklin Road
SALARY COMPENSATION PACKAGE: $70,059.00-$71,429.00 Annually
WORK PERIOD: Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm; occasional weekends and evenings
BENEFITS: Full-Time Package
Mission, Vision, and Core Values: Commits to fully support Moore Norman’s mission, vision, core values, and culture:
- Mission: Preparing for success, changing lives, building better tomorrows.
- Vision: Moore Norman Technology Center is recognized as the first choice for workforce development and training, committed to providing an outstanding educational experience for every student and client.
- Core Values: Accountability; Data-Driven Decision-Making; Diversity & Inclusion; Empowerment; Excellence; Growth; Honesty, Integrity, & Transparency; Innovation; Respect
- Culture: The Moore Norman Way – staying above the line
Job Objective: Under general supervision, performs skilled technical duties to provide marketing communication support. Oversees development and management of marketing, including digital, web, and social media marketing initiatives for the district. An incumbent in this position will utilize discretion, ingenuity, and independent judgment due to the complexity of the job.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications, or a related program.
Credentials: National Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) preferred
Valid Oklahoma driver’s license and acceptable driving record
Special Knowledge, Skill, or Ability:
- Develop, administer, and expand social media marketing, email marketing, online surveying, and event marketing by managing MNTC’s social media channels
- Execute web and digital media tactics to support existing advertising and awareness campaigns, generate engaged followers, and build awareness for MNTC’s services, and to attract new clients and students, and begin the mitigation process for issues that might arise on social media
- Working knowledge of website design and digital media to develop, manage, and expand web content and architecture
- Manage resources with fiscal responsibility while maintaining proper accounting of records
- Knowledge of computers including ability to use MacOS and Windows-based systems, website applications, digital photo and video production and editing software, Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel), and interactive media software
- Ability to recommend digital marketing strategies, and produce accurate, timely, and current digital and content marketing copy along with graphics, photo and video assets that provoke engagement and promote conversions
- Knowledge and experience with digital video and photography equipment and editing software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with great attention to detail, and an emphasis on accurate copywriting and editing grammar
- Knowledge of file management, web servers, ftp/server transfer, web forms, data collection, and database concepts
- Deadline, communications, and multi-task oriented
- Ability to research, analyze and manage information, and communicate with appropriate audiences effectively
- Ability to work with limited supervision, plan projects and set goals, and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and members of all other departments
- Excellent reasoning ability and creative skills
- Satisfactory personal conduct and integrity
- Reliable, dependable, and punctual attendance
- Strong, positive customer service skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skill, or Ability:
- Adobe CS, Mailchimp, Finalsite CMS, and CRM experience
- Experience in eMarketing, and proficient in using web, multiple social media platforms, and collecting and evaluating Google Analytics.
- Understanding of SEO and SEM trends and strategies for best online positioning.
- Understanding of career and technology education objectives.
- Experience working with print and digital advertising vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Strengthens relationships by developing students and clients and staff, partnering with businesses and schools, and collaborating with community leaders through participating in school or community activities.
- Focuses on being a leader within the organization through personal accountability, active problem solving and positive forward thinking.
- Focuses on continual improvement to assure quality products and excellent services to our customers and stakeholders.
- Functions as the webmaster for MNTC’s site, serves as the main contact for the Finalsite vendor, and is responsible for all pages, resource links, and ensuring that content is accurate, timely, and current.
- Create and implement short- and long-range marketing strategies for MNTC’s adult and high school programs and workforce and economic development classes, training, and programs to meet the department goals and objectives that align with district strategic plan.
- Provide quarterly marketing plan updates to Director of Student Services (including, but not limited to social media, print and digital advertising, email) in support of department goals and campaigns.
- Conducts annual page/link/info review of MNTC’s site and ensures all website legal and compliance reviews are current and completed annually.
- Ensures accuracy of information about programs and classes listed on the website during the release of each class catalog.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and current posting of information, stories, and updates to MNTC’s website and on social and interactive media platforms, while maintaining MNTC’s visual brand, and professional voice, tone, and content.
- Assist in creating web pages, applications, and web forms that support interactive content and generate leads. Develops and recommends ideas to build MNTC’s social media presence. Researches, attends training, and works with colleagues to determine the best strategies to communicate with MNTC’s current and potential customers.
- Researches and provides web, digital advertising, and social media-related analytics and generates quarterly reports for the Director of Student Services to determine the efficacy of ongoing strategies and recommends modifying when needed.
- Provides quarterly digital advertising reports and recommends digital ad opportunities to attract defined target audiences.
- Plan and develop regular creative blogs, content and media optimized to support and drive MNTC’s SEO standings and drive organic traffic.
- Oversees MNTC’s social media accounts and vendor relationship for print publications and advertising.
- Monitor the development and production of all promotional materials and services, news releases, brochures, flyers, displays, etc.
- Collaborate and support organization of special events.
- Monitor and support the development of communication and marketing strategies.
- Attend and participate in school district and community partner events and engagements.
- Support and deliver district recruitment and outreach activities, as needed.
- Assists Director of Student Services with office duties, as assigned, necessary to operate a marketing communications program.
- Maintains a flexible approach to problem solving.
- Exhibits professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience: Minimum of two years full-time experience in marketing or related field.
Please apply online. Please submit applications for the above referenced position between July 15, 2022, and 11:59 pm on July 29, 2022.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Moore Norman Technology Center does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, disability, age, or any other federally and/or state protected discrimination classifications.