Teachers (2023-24) - Pella Community School District, Pella, IA
Pella Community School
2023-24 Teacher Openings
- Elementary Art Teacher
- High School (Level 3) SPED Teacher - Functional Life Skills
- High School SPED Teacher (with Strat I certification)
Serving over 2,500 students in our recently constructed and remodeled buildings, PCSD takes great pride in its staff, academics, athletics and performing arts.
It is our mission to maximize life's opportunities for every child.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- A valid State of Iowa certificate to teach
- Building Principal
Length of Service:
- 195 days for staff new to district, otherwise 191 days
- To design a flexible program and class environment favorable to learning and personal growth.
- Provides evidence of student learning to students, families, and staff.
- Implements strategies supporting student, building, and district goals.
- Uses student performance data as a guide for decision-making.
- Accepts and demonstrates responsibility for creating a classroom culture that supports the learning of every student.
- Creates an environment of mutual respect, rapport, and fairness.
- Participates in and contributes to a school culture that focuses on improved student learning.
- Understands and uses key concepts, underlying themes, relationships, and different perspectives related to the content area.
- Uses knowledge of student development to make learning experiences in the content area meaningful and accessible for every student.
- Related ideas and information within and across content areas.
- Understands and uses instructional strategies that are appropriate to the content area.
- Utilizes student achievement data, local standards, and the district curriculum in planning for instruction.
- Sets and communicates high expectations for social, behavioral, and academic success of all students.
- Utilizes student developmental needs, background, and interests in planning for instruction.
- Selects strategies to engage all students in learning.
- Uses available resources, including technologies, in the development and sequencing of instruction.
- Aligns classroom instruction with local standards and district curriculum.
- Uses research-based instructional strategies that address the full range of cognitive levels.
- Demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness in adjusting instruction to meet student needs.
- Engages students in varied experiences that meet diverse needs and promote social, emotional, and academic growth.
- Connects students' prior knowledge, life experiences, and interests in the instructional process.
- Uses available resources, including technologies, in the delivery of instruction.
- Uses appropriate questioning and discussion techniques.
- Aligns classroom assessment with instruction.
- Communicates assessment criteria and standards to all students and parents.
- Understands and uses the results of multiple assessments to guide planning and instruction.
- Guides students in goal setting and assessing their own learning.
- Provides substantive, timely, and constructive feedback to students and parents.
- Works with other staff and building and district leadership in analysis of student progress.
- Aligns assessment with standards and benchmarks.
- Creates a learning community that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement, and self-regulation for every student.
- Establishes, communicates, models, and maintains standards of responsible student behavior.
- Develops and implements classroom procedures and routines that support high expectations for learning.
- Uses instructional time effectively to maximize student achievement.
- Creates a safe and purposeful learning environment.
- Effectively organizes physical space.
- Maintains accurate records.
- Demonstrates habits and skills of continuous inquiry and learning.
- Works collaboratively to improve professional practice and student learning.
- Applies research, knowledge, and skills from professional development opportunities to improve practice.
- Establishes and implements professional development plans based upon the teacher needs aligned to the Iowa Teaching Standards and district/building student achievement goals.
- Reflects on reaching practices.
- Adheres to board policies, district procedures, and contractual obligations.
- Demonstrates professional and ethical conduct as defined by state law and individual district policy.
- Contributes to efforts to achieve district and building goals.
- Fosters an appreciation and respect for diversity.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on committees as required.
- Communicates effectively and accurately.
- Collaborates with students, families, colleagues, and communities to enhance student learning.
- Follows directions/instructions and gets along with co-workers and supervisors.
- Attends work regularly and on time.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the administration.