SSHS Registrar, Special Education Teacher, Special Education Paraprofessional
Come join SSSD and Support the Education of Our Students
• Kindergarten Instructional Paraprofessional
• Special Education Teacher
• Special Education Paraprofessional
• SSHS Registrar
- Enroll all new students with complete information using the online registration system.
- Withdraw all students, ensuring receipt of appropriate forms and information and providing necessary records to the new school.
- Provide accurate enrollment information for state reporting.
- Work closely with teaching staff and administration to produce and distribute grade reports.
- Accurately prepare and distribute quarterly honor roll reports, grade exception reports and grade distribution reports.
- Edit and prepare registration guides.
- Provides assistance to principals to assist in preparation of the master schedule, run scheduling reports.
- Maintain students schedules in Student Information System.
- Work with Counselor team to verify with CMC the students qualifying under the Post Secondary Options Act.
- Maintain accurate transcripts for all students.
- Respond in a timely fashion to requests for records from past graduates.
- Assist with the Counseling department the maintaining of permanent records in vault storage area.
- Input students test scores that are needed for graduation guidelines.
- Design queries to retrieve specific information regarding students, testing, and classes.
- Assist with the maintenance of counseling web page, working with the IT department, Communication Director and all in the counseling department.
- Provide support to proctor new student placement exams.
- Knowledge or ability to learn District student information system. Provide support by designing custom reports, custom fields, and queries.
- Ability to work professionally with counseling staff, office manager, staff and student data personnel to support the needed information.
- Attend counseling staff meetings as needed.
- Ability to work in a high volume setting with regular interruptions while maintaining data accuracy and confidentiality.
- Work within the Student Data Department and assist as needed with State Reporting or Application support.
- Perform other duties/ special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or four (4) years school office related job experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Google, Microsoft Office Suite,
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets
- Manipulating fields in bulk, leading zeros, different column types, etc.
- Strong understanding of different types of data files, text, csv, XLS, etc.
- Deep understanding of importing raw data into the various systems
- High attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to troubleshoot basic computer workstation/network situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
The Steamboat Springs School District offers excellent benefit opportunities with employment:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance with significant district contribution towards premiums.
- Sick and Personal Days
- Vacation days
- Flexible spending account
- Voluntary retirement savings options(401K, 403B, 457B)
- Term Life insurance
- Professional Development reimbursement opportunities
- District Wellness Clinic
- PERA retirement program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Decision Making: An example of a typical decision made by an individual in this position is to interpret policies/procedures and best practice. An incorrect decision made by this position could impact the district legally causing financial condition of district to be affected. Errors made in decision-making could potentially result in substantial cost to the District or damage to the credibility of the District.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond professionally to questions from groups of parents, community members, commissions, colleagues and Board of Education.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, discounts, commissions, proportions, percentage, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, and geometry
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract concrete variables.
Technology Skills: Proficient use of technology which includes: basic operations and concepts, word processing, spread sheets, Google email and office product knowledge, internet usage, critical evaluation of information, data analysis, email, integration of technology. This position has a significant amount of time dedicated to use of computer, data input, and other office skills.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory in budget and finance. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and community. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form. Ability to copy, coordinate, instruct, evaluate and negotiate. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, keyboarding, phone activity, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in this environment is quiet to loud depending on the activity in the particular part of the day. General office duties and environment.
• SGS School Secretary/Registrar
• Daily Building Sub- SSMS
• SSHS Office Secretary