Early Childhood Education Department Head/Project Director
The Early Childhood Education Department Head/Project Director provides direction and supervision of the management structure and effective oversight and monitoring of Stone Child College Early Childhood Education grants, including the Head Start TCU Partnership Grant and the American Indian College Fund Indigenous ECE Grant.
- Provide oversight and supervision to ensure that all project activities, as outlined in the EDE grant proposals, are operational to meet the goals and objectives of the grants.
- Meet with the ECE grant project leadership team regularly and with the Office of Head Start each month.
- Complete all written reports, documentation and correspondence as required in grant award notifications.
- Coordinate evaluation activities for grants.
- Coordinate and track professional development activities for project participants.
- Responsible for communication among all collaborators.
- Work with the SCC Chief Finance Officer to ensure that all project expenses are appropriately spent, tracked, and reported as per federal regulations.
- Attend and participate in committee assignments, department meetings, and staff meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Master’s degree in early childhood education or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in teaching adults with knowledge of teaching and the methods involved in learning and instruction.
- Five (5) years of supervision and/or leadership experience.
- Five (5) years of experience in managing federal or state grants.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Early Childhood Education standards, programs, and the field in general.
- Experience collecting and managing program data.
- Experience developing curriculum and courses for education including on-line courses.
- Familiarity with standards in higher education.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer skills such as creating spreadsheets, inputting data, and word processing.
- The ability to interact successfully within a multicultural environment and to work harmoniously with colleagues, students, and community.
- Have a strong dedication to the retention and recruitment of students in the Education Division.
- Knowledge of the mission and goals of Stone Child College.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a complete application consisting of the following documents, in either hard or electronic copies in Portable Document Format (PDF): letter of interest, current resume, Transcripts, three professional letters of reference with contact information (current), SCC application (www.stonechild.edu) Via email to: Jessie Demontiney, Human Resources Director - email@example.com. Only complete applications will be considered. All positions require pre-employment drug testing and criminal background check.