Extension Staff Assistant
The University of Kentucky Lexington, KY Full-time Education
Posted on August 31, 2022
Extension Staff Assistant - Fayette County
REQ # RE35622
Lifting, pushing, pulling objects up to 50 pounds; sitting for long periods of time.
Monday-Friday (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.); occasional nights, weekends or holidays may be required
Job Title: Extension Staff Assistant – Fayette County
Location: Lexington, KY
As an Extension Staff Assistant, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Extension office. General duties include office management, customer service, record keeping and newsletters, and program support while conducting yourself in a professional manner. Specific duties will include, but are not limited to, office receptionist, word processing, QuickBooks, filing, maintaining data bases & mailing lists, developing and maintaining websites, designing newsletters, and providing support for county agents and program assistants.
You will report to an Area Director and there will be a high level of interaction with the general public.
State law may require a national and state criminal background check and a letter from the Cabinet for Health and Family Services stating the employee is clear to hire based on no findings of substantiated child abuse or neglect found through a background check of child abuse and neglect records as a condition of employment or involvement in this program.
Salary Range: $18.00 – $20.00
The University of Kentucky considers the health, safety and well-being of our entire community to be a top priority. In alignment with this priority, all new hires must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption as a condition of employment. For areas that fall under the federal CMS mandate, start of employment cannot occur until two weeks after receiving the full COVID-19 vaccination series or upon obtaining an approved exemption. Only vaccines approved by the World Health Organization can be accepted.
|Skills / Knowledge / Abilities||
Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Office 365, Teams, Skype for Business; Zoom; QuickBooks; organizational skills; and time management.
|Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?||No|
Previous experience working in an administrative support role
|Deadline to Apply||09/07/2022|
|University Community of Inclusion||
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe your experience with the following items: Microsoft Office Software, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Quicken, QuickBooks, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe, & Drupal as well as production and distribution of monthly newsletters, flyers, etc.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you or a family member serve as a member on any county Extension District Board in Kentucky? If yes, please state the family member’s name and the county for which either you or this individual serves as a member of the Extension District Board. (Open Ended Question)
(Open Ended Question)
- * The University of Kentucky considers the health, safety and well-being of our entire community to be a top priority. In alignment with this priority, all new hires must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption as a condition of employment. For areas that fall under the federal CMS mandate, start of employment cannot occur until two weeks after receiving the full COVID-19 vaccination series or upon obtaining an approved exemption. Only vaccines approved by the World Health Organization can be accepted. I understand that I will be obligated to comply with the COVID-19 vaccination or exemption requirement prior to starting employment at the University of Kentucky.
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK’s online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Journal of Extension
- Social Media - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Received an email about the posting
- Career Fair
- MANRRS or Junior MANRRS
- Local newspaper advertisement
- An employee, colleague, friend and/or family member
Required DocumentsOptional Documents
- Cover Letter