Director of Academic Advising #351693
The Labovitz School of Business and Economics at the University of Minnesota Duluth has a full-time position opening for a Director of Academic Advising. This position provides strategic leadership, day-to-day management and supervision of the Academic Advising program in the Labovitz School of Business and Economics (LSBE). This position provides strategic planning and management of the School's academic advising program that serves approximately 1,700 undergraduate students. This position also provides expertise and guidance on curriculum development, policies, and procedures. This position makes interpretations of complex policies and procedures and manages non-routine issues.
About the Job
• BA/BS degree plus at least eight years of relevant experience, or master’s degree plus at least six years of relevant experience
• Experience supervising employees.
• Excellent verbal and written communication for large groups and one-on-one interactions
• Demonstrated success working effectively with diverse students or youth, colleagues, and/or communities
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to achieve broad goals
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and set direction of work to meet collegiate goals while using sound judgment and critical thinking skills
• Knowledge of theories of student learning and development
• Excellent time management and attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively to solve highly varied and unpredictable situations
• Experience developing and offering workshops targeted at promoting student success
• Experience working with budgets that must meet a variety of priorities
• Experience tracking and interpreting data relevant to their work and using that information for work and process improvement
• Familiarity with PeopleSoft system or comparable student records databa
The following duties are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive.
- Strategic Leadership for Academic Advising Services
- Manage daily operations of Academic Advising
- Engage in complex problem solving
- Direct the enrollment management process for LSBE
- Service to LSBE and Campus
Working at the University
At the University of Minnesota, you’ll find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance, allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your life outside of work.
The University also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training and degree-seeking programs supported by the Regents Scholarship
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) opportunity
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling at no cost
Click Apply Today!
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.