Job Objectives: Plans, implements, and assesses student learning experiences through course offerings and customized training in Vantage Career Center's Adult Education Department. Accommodates diverse learners in an environment conducive to learning.
• 3-5 Years documented work experience in the career tech subject
• Valid certificate or license
• Preparing and delivering lessons to students who reflect a range of ages and abilities
• Assessing, providing appropriate feedback, and maintaining records of student attendance and progress
• Applying best practices in adult education by researching new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devising and writing new curriculum materials when needed
• Selecting and using a range of different learning resources and equipment, including rich technology integration, to ensure high quality learning
• Managing student behavior in the classroom and on school premises
• Meets all mandated health requirements (e.g., a negative tuberculosis test, etc.)
• Complies with drug-free workplace rules and board policies
• Provides documented evidence of a clear criminal record
• 2-5 years teaching experience
• Experience with adult learners
Vantage Career Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, religion, military status, ancestry, genetic information (collectively, "Protected Classes"), or any other legally protected category, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities. The Vantage Career Center Administration reserves the right to not fill this position.